Specializing in Biomedical Acupuncture & Dry Needling
Call to schedule your free consultation!
- The goal of BMA in infertility is both to trigger the release of certain biochemicals into the bloodstream and cerebrospinal fluid and to improve circulation. Release of these natural biochemicals regulates hormones, improves immune function and reduces the physiological effects of stress on the body.
- Keeping these biochemicals levels elevated is typically necessary for at least 1 month to improve the chances of conception.
- Treatments are also recommended through at least the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Treatments are recommended 2 times per week and especially the week prior to ovulation where 3 times per week is recommended.
- BMA for infertility is only recommended to patients that can maintain consistency of treatments.
- Research has shown that BMA increases the effectiveness of IVF and other fertility drug treatments by a significant percentage.
- Known physical obstacles to infertility such as blockages to fallopian tubes, fibroids, and endometriosis can prevent BMA from being successful. After these conditions are corrected, BMA therapy is a good option.
< Back to Treatments